EASTER CHOCOLATE FUDGE CAKE
What has a cake got to do with the car industry?
Not a lot really other than my business has always been a lot about relationships and less about making as much profit as I can on each sale. You’ll get to see a few of these recipes in the coming months and years – this one is credited to Aldi and of course, the ingredients listed are all available from ALDI stores.
So to my friends and customers or just anyone in the North Brisbane area, if you make it, please drop me down a piece?
- Preheat fan forced oven to 160°C. Line and grease a 20cm springform round tin.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat, and add the chocolate, stirring until chocolate is completely melted and combined with butter.
- Pour chocolate mix into a large bowl and add the sugar and flours.
- Mix to combine, before adding egg and chocolate bits.
- Mix well until a smooth texture is reached. Pour into tin, and bake for 50 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- To make the icing, gently bring to boil the can of condensed milk until it caramelises. Add the cooking chocolate to this mixture to taste, and stir until you get the desired consistency.
- Cool slightly, then spread cake with the chocolate condensed milk and decorate with speckled eggs.
150g Beautifully Butterfully butter
400g Choceur 70% Dark Cooking Chocolate
¾ cup Merryfield brown sugar
¼ cup White Mill plain flour
¼ cup White Mill self raising flour
4 Lodge Farms free range eggs
250g Choceur Chocolate Bits (milk, dark or white)
397g Farmdale condensed milk
375g Choceur 70% Dark Cooking Chocolate, broken up into squares
Dairy Fine Speckled Eggs (to decorate)
Posted by Bob Aldons – CAR BUSINESS